chagrin falls pto
HIGH SCHOOL FUNDRAISER: Cooking With Chef Laurence Coffman
Thank you to everyone who participated in the virtual cooking class with Chef Larry from Chagrin Valley Country Club!
If you missed out but would still like the opportunity to support the high school and try this delicious recipe at your convenience, use the link below to order a recorded copy of the class. Or, if you aren’t interested in cooking…you can use the “Donate Now!” button to make a donation via credit card.
DISTRICT FUNDRAISER: BLOOM SPRING FLOWER SALE
Sale Dates: March 1-15, 2021
Pick-Up Day: May 6, 2021 (at Federated Life Center)
The PTO Spring Flower Sale kicked off March 1st and features this year’s most popular spring flower choices available as 10″ planters ($25) or 13″ hanging baskets ($30).
To order: You should have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (*Be sure to check your spam folders!) The e-mail contains your student’s unique online shopping cart. All orders placed on this link will be automatically accredited to your student for pick-up day. You can share the link if you’d like to invite others (friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc.) to shop the sale. But you are responsible for pick up and delivering their flowers to them or making arrangements for them to pick the flowers up from you.
If you do not wish to buy flowers, but still want to support our fundraiser, we welcome donations through VENMO to @chagrinfallspto or click here to donate by credit card.
QPR Gatekeeper Training
March 2, 2021 | 7-8pm
The Chagrin Falls PTO has partnered with LifeAct and QPR Institute to offer FREE virtual gatekeeper training for our community.
Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
*Please note: Registration has closed. This program is now full.
The Four “Paws” of PTO
PTO strives to bring members together to create a network of adult friendships who connect inside and outside of the school building.
PTO volunteers spend thousands of hours working alongside teachers and staff to enrich the school day for our children.
PTO members help fund innovative curricular programs, professional development, and enriching teaching tools for classrooms.
PTO members are invited to partner with teachers & school administrators to construct common goals & solutions making our district stronger.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Impact of PTO
- “PTO, and their willingness to be a constant support for the students and staff of CFIS, is indescribable. PTO is not only a cornerstone of our building but also an integral part of connecting students, staff and families to create the amazing learning community we have. CFIS would not be what it is without the support of PTO!”
– Curtis Howell, CFIS Principal
- The libraries of CFEVS would not be what they are today without the support of the PTO. Every grant I’ve written for programming and media has been approved, and our book clubs have thrived with the partnership of PTO. The support the library received during our COVID19 school closure provided students with ebooks and audiobooks that they needed for class as well as for leisure reading. I’m so grateful to work in CFEVS where the PTO supports the library as the heart of a school community.
- “PTO helps our dreams for our students and school become reality – they have always been open to funding innovative and creative programming at CFHS which allows us to rethink the way we educate our students. Having the ability to bring life to our ideas is powerful and PTO helps us do that!”
– Monica Asher, CFHS Principal
The Chagrin Falls PTO is a foundational pillar in our success as a School District. The organization continuously supports endeavors that improve what we offer to develop students socially, emotionally and academically. Through volunteerism and financial contributions they have been involved at the start of every successful initiative within our school district. This organization serves as a tremendous partner in educating and developing young people within our community.
– Robert W. Hunt, Ph.D.
- “The PTO has shown extraordinary support for the Art program at Chagrin Falls Intermediate School. They have been gracious in granting us supplemental materials, such as our beloved light tables and the materials needed to run Art Shows. Their support is a positive force in our school as teachers know they can be counted on to help us make our students learning more meaningful.”
– Kristy Boss, CFIS Art Teacher
- “The PTO supports and provides resources, experiences and opportunities for our students and staff. They collaborate with cfevs, partner with local business and outreach to the community. Our school wouldn’t be complete without them. It’s a reciprocal relationship and I’m grateful for their work, passion and common values.”
– Laila Discenza, CFMS Principal